- Bromley, United Kingdom
- 2 February 2024
Bromley Brighter Beginnings is a registered charity providing essential baby, child or household items to local families in financial hardship.
Within the London Borough of Bromley there are large areas of social deprivation, particularly in areas such as Anerley, Penge, Crystal Palace, the Cray Valley, Orpington, Grove Park, Downham and Mottingham.
Bromley Brighter Beginnings was inspired by, and modelled on, a similar project, set up in Staffordshire, to assist parents of young children living in deprived parts of that area. We are passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of the local community.
Our aims are:
- to provide new and expectant mums, and parents of older children, who are vulnerable and/or living in poverty, with essential items (such as cots, buggies, clothes, nappies and toiletries) for themselves and their children;
- To raise awareness about the level of poverty in the London Borough of Bromley and the impact of this poverty on the lives of children and their parents;
- to inform parents about other local sources of support in relation to various issues relevant to parenting in poverty;
- to thereby reduce stress, anxiety and depression, which will in turn help the children in these deprived families; and
- to facilitate the recycling of baby- and child-related items that the original owners no longer use.
Bromley Brighter Beginnings envisions a world in which children are not disadvantaged by growing up in poverty, and where their parents and caregivers do not have to struggle to provide them with the most basic items.
Our mission is to relieve the pressure of poverty on families in a practical way by providing them with baby, child and household items. This support demonstrates that they are not alone in their difficulties and aims to foster long term social inclusion. Relieving stress, anxiety
and depression in parents and caregivers has a positive impact on the early experiences of children, gives those children a better start in life and helps families recover more quickly from financial crisis.
Since we started in 2012, we’ve made a difference to thousands of families.
Current job openings at Bromley Brighter Beginnings
Salary: N/APurpose of Volunteer Donations Coordinator The purpose of this role is to support BBB with the receipt of donations from supporters in the Beckenham area. Main Tasks With the support of the General Manager and other volunteers, you will: Be responsible for receiving donations from supporters to your home address on a r...
Salary: The salary for the role is £26,000 - £27,500 FTE (dependent on experience) per annum (gross), pro-rated for three days per week.Purpose of the Operations Manager role This role is a pivotal one, ensuring the effective and efficient processing of incoming referrals from local professionals, and providing a central point of support and oversight for BBB’s Family Liaison Volunteers (FLVs). The Operations Manager will also have oversight of our Client Support ...
Salary: The salary for the role is £33,500 - £35,000 FTE (dependent on experience) per annum (gross), pro-rated for four days per week.Purpose of the Director role The Director will provide strong leadership for BBB’s work, drawing together the various strands of the charity’s work, and addressing any issues and opportunities that arise. The Director is the ‘figurehead’ for BBB – the face and voice of the charity – acting as the central point of contact f...