Our Executive and Non-Executive role-based networks and specialist groups bring together peers to share insights, develop skills and explore best practice. Our membership provides leadership teams with an exclusive network where they can gain knowledge, build their profile, extend their connections and access the tools to enhance their organisational performance.
Inspiring our members to navigate leadership challenges and create real value is what drives us. We provide the knowledge and connections to C-Suite Executives and the Non-Executive Board through peer level business networks, extending across the globe. What our members really value are our people. People who listen, people who understand and people who are experts and want to make a difference.
Hours: Full time/part-time/job share we are opened to all
Location: Our office is in Hammersmith; however, the role is hybrid, 2 days in the office – 3 days working from home. This can be adjusted depending on the applicant circumstances.
Salary:The role is paying 45k/year FTE
Innovate and improve. Lead on the delivery of a programme of events that showcase world-class speakers, innovative ideas and practical solutions.
Closer Relationships. Work effectively with the rest of the business to deliver a member experience that maximises the likelihood of renewal.
Better Reputation. Drive inbound membership enquiries as result of perceived and experienced value of programme.
- Reporting on overall programme strategy, management and KPIs and advising on implications for the direction and management of the business.
- Leading on the programme management process, including ultimate editorial control, overseeing and supporting the meetings/events.
- Anticipate the C-Suite challenges that should be addressed in the forward programme and ensure that knowledge is shared across the business.
- Work with the Events Team to develop and implement an effective resource planning process to ensure that events across all Networks are supported.
- Develop a culture of data driven decision making among the team, using member advisory panels and regular member surveys to inform ways of working and the production of the events programme.
- Work closely with the Account Management and Content team to build and execute a delivery strategy that helps ensure members have a seamless experience.
- Have a clear understanding of how the programme sits in the competitor landscape and work to ensure the programmes contribute to a differentiated proposition.
- Lead on ensuring partners (technical, city etc.) are successfully integrated into the programme thereby meeting their profile raising and relationship building objectives.
- Access to Winmark professional networks & Academies
- Profit sharing
- Casual dress & Company Events
- Wellness programmes
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
We believe in teamwork and collaboration, drawing on each other’s talents and supporting our colleagues in their personal development. Our work is varied and fast-paced – no two days are ever the same!
We enjoy an inclusive culture, welcoming colleagues of varied abilities and skills as we believe diversity of experience enhances our ability to develop as a team.
- Ability to build a highly effective team that adds significant value to the rest of the business.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to continuously improve.
- Excellent editorial skills.
- Rigorous enforcement of quality standards
- Ability to find solutions that make best use of available resources.
- Proven track record managing a busy events programme.
- Experience of delivering events that deliver identifiable value to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships between different functions across organisations.