Salary: £25,000 plus performance related bonus. Full Time, Flexible, Remote.
About us: Successful Mums Career Academy is an award-winning specialist training company for mums. The business has supported more than 8,500 parents to find flexible work through free online training and career coaching.
About the role: As a Trainer/Assessor at Successful Mums, you will have the opportunity to work in a family-friendly organisation that understands the importance of school plays and sports days. We are a close-knit team that celebrates success. Team breakfasts, termly socials and gifted annual leave for your birthday cement our positive working culture.
We are looking for an innovative, engaging and inspiring individual, with experience of delivery within the Further Education sector.
You will be passionate about education and supporting women back to work, possessing exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to be able to engage with our learners and maintain motivation throughout their Successful Mums journey.
You will understand the barriers women face when returning to work; and want to be part of a business that changes lives for the better.
A natural and confident trainer, you will be comfortable hosting online group webinars as well as one-to-one sessions and running face to face workshops. You will act as a role model to your learners and as an ambassador for Successful Mums, conveying our values throughout your delivery.
You will be organised to manage caseloads and will also need to demonstrate empathy for learners who might have never worked or been in the workplace for a long period of time.
Reporting to the Curriculum Manager, you will have excellent digital skills and be able to communicate learner progress regularly and accurately to ensure achievement.
Whilst this is a remote position, you will be a part of our close-knit, supportive team and therefore must be a team player, regularly collaborating with colleagues. You will be expected to travel to our Bromley office once a month for team meetings.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves the idea of helping to change lives, supporting mums to find work, and wants to be part of this growing, parent-focused, and transformational organisation.
If you are an experienced trainer, lecturer, teacher or assessor who is looking for a better work-life balance and wants to make a difference this could be the role for you.
“A GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT WITH A FRIENDLY SUPPORTIVE TEAM
The business has a fantastic ethos and meaning behind what we do, mums helping mums!”
Rachel, Lead Trainer
- Manage a caseload of learners using standardised documents to ensure the timely completion of the learners’ course or/and qualifications.
- Provide an induction which welcomes and engages the learners onto the course and effectively informs them of relevant legislations and policies including Prevent, Safeguarding, British Values and Equality and Diversity.
- Deliver high quality, inclusive and effective webinars and training which maintain excellent levels of attendance and learner retention by building effective relationships with learners and encouraging a growth mind-set.
- Be accountable to develop and initiate a broad range of strategies that increase employer engagement activities including, guest speakers and supporting with securing employment.
- Inspire and motivate learners and build self-confidence to enable them to achieve the full course or qualification and progress into their chosen career path or start a business.
- Ensure the training has true intent and that progression targets are met through job search, business progression or further training provision.
- Work closely with the Lead Trainer and IQA to ensure all teaching, learning and assessment paperwork are compliant and in accordance with governing body requirements.
- Plan and implement support for learners that have additional learning requirements to enable them to achieve on time.
- Work closely with the Operations Team and Lead Trainer to ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely manner and is accurate, reliable and compliant to enable the funding to be claimed.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure all learner files are ready for audit and Ofsted.
- Set and review SMART targets and provide constructive feedback with the learners to enable an efficient and focused approach which allow learners to successfully progress on their journey.
- Provide regular and effective communication with learners, staff team and managers, to maintain learner motivation and achieve successful outcomes.
- Meet with the Lead Trainer to carry out progress reviews and RAG meetings which include preparing action plans on how you are supporting the learners into employment or other progression routes.
- Contribute to the self-assessment process and adhere to the quality improvement plan to promote the development of quality through-out the company and improve KPIs. This could include the contribution to the development of resources and training materials in line with quality assurance procedures.
- Attend meetings as stipulated by Successful Mums to ensure a consistent operational practice which focuses on sharing best practice and problem solving.
- Maintain own levels of continued professional development and ensure all feedback from external reports and learner feedback are actioned, changes implemented and recorded.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to identify success stories.
- Work in a professional manner in accordance with legislations and Successful Mums’ policies that demonstrates our commitment to promoting equality and diversity and the safeguarding of our staff and learners.
- Embrace and champion personal success
- Have fun in the role and be passionate about supporting mums to ensure the learner has a positive and successful journey with Successful Mums.
At Successful Mums we benefit from the diverse perspectives within our teams. We celebrate inclusion and are proud to be an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants are employed without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Teaching qualification or working towards
- Assessing qualification
- Experience of delivering personal development or employability training
- Experience of delivering online training
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with a range of learners
- Empathy and understanding to learners challenging circumstances incorporating ED&I
- Ability to provide constructive and positive feedback
- Exceptionally organised and methodical
- Process driven with ability to meet deadlines and achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to use OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Zoom and PowerPoint
- Innovative with strong problem-solving skills
- Flexible and responsive to change especially within the education sector
- Can use own initiative to work independently, efficiently and effectively
Desired Experience and Skills:
- IQA qualification
- IAG or career advice qualification
- Experience of Ofsted inspections
- Knowledge or experience of running a business
- Knowledge of delivering provision funded by AEB, ESF or DWP
- Experience of delivery apprenticeship provision
- Working in a not for profit, charity or small company
- Advanced digital skills e.g. social media for business
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter describing how you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.