Successful Mums is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Successful Mums may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2021 and will be reviewed and update annually or following new legislation.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Why we collect information
Our legal bases for processing data are:
Consent: you have given clear consent for Successful Mums to process your personal data for a specific purpose. Our purposes include processing an application and subsequent enrolment; assessing eligibility for funding; providing learning; responding to an enquiry; mailing according to preferences and consent given; assessing website statistics (not identifying individual users).
Contract: the processing is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations with you – such as the provision of your learning/course.
Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Successful Mums to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and personal information.
- Your eligibility criteria/circumstances.
- Your mailing preferences.
- Other information relevant to market research, customer surveys and/or offers.
- Website useage.
What we do with the information we gather
We use information to:
- Process your application and subsequent enrolment to a course.
- To assess your eligibility for funding.
- Respond to an enquiry you have made.
- To deliver learning and record achievements if you are enrolled on a course.
- For audit and compliance purposes by our funders.
- Provide appropriate advice, support and guidance if you are enrolled on a course.
- To understand your needs and improve our service, or to offer new courses and events.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses, events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the preferences and email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone using the preferences and details you have provided.
On application to Successful Mums we will disclose your personal data to our data administration (onboarding) team. On enrolment to a course your information is shared with your coach that will be delivering and supporting your learning (who may use it for any of the above purposes).
If you apply for a job listed on the Jobs Board, information you provide is sent directly to the employer and will be subject to their own data and privacy policies.
Should a third party take over some or all of the Successful Mums Ltd business in the future, your information may be disclosed to fulfil contractual obligations to you.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For more information on this, please refer to our Data Protection policy. A copy is available on request.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Any information we send you via email you will have the option to unsubscribe or you can email us at any time to have your information removed.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If you are not eligible for the funding we have available, any proof of eligibility documents you supplied will be deleted upon eligibility screen, or as soon as reasonable thereafter, no longer than two weeks after screening. We will keep your personal information for contact purposes, unless you have specified otherwise on your application. You can also request deletion of all the data held about you – please see how to contact us below.
To contact us:
The best way to contact us about your data is by email.
- Email: with subject header Data Protection Request.
- Address: Successful Mums Careers Academy, The Warren, Croydon Road, Bromley, Kent, BR2 7AL
- Phone: 020 3633 9672
Please note that the right to the erasure of personal data will only apply where there is no legitimate reason for Successful Mums to continue to process the personal data. There will usually be a requirement for Successful Mums to keep a basic learner record indefinitely for legal compliance.
Your personal data is protected by UK data protection law, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act 2018. You can find the details for the UK Information Commissioner at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.